There really are two Halloweens. There’s the one for adults that involves parties, zombie costumes with oozing blood and hangovers the next morning at work. And then there’s the Halloween we all remember as kids with trick-or-treating, babies in pumpkin costumes, and lots and lots of candy.
Every year Disney hosts special events that focus on the childhood version, and they do an amazing job.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special, ticketed event that takes place in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World after regular park hours on select dates.
As is true with most ticketed events at the Magic Kingdom, attendance is limited. This means that you will have easier access to all of the rides and attractions at the park. That right there is a plus.
But what you’ll really be interested in is all of the special events that are only offered during the party, which include:
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade – A perennial favorite, the parade runs twice each party night to ensure that guests get a chance to see rare villain characters, Mickey and the gang in Halloween costumes, and butlers from the Haunted Mansion in a ghoulishly choreographed dance. And it’s all preceded by a ride through the park by the Headless Horseman!
- Happy HalloWishes – Disney’s always spectacular fireworks show, but with a Halloween soundtrack.
- Characters in Halloween Costumes – Meet and greets with Mickey and the gang dressed in their Halloween costumes. There are also rare villain characters to meet like Cruella DeVille and Jafar!
- Hocus Pocus Villains Spelltacular Show – On the stage in front of the Castle, the Sanderson Sisters from the film “Hocus Pocus” get into all sorts of trouble trying to pull off a new spell.
- Trick-or-Treating – Stations located throughout the park will be disseminating candy to all guests. Check the event map for exact locations.
Most importantly, though, is that guests can dress up in costume themselves for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, so long as the costume is family-friendly. Check the guidelines before venturing off to the park. This is a perk not afforded guests at Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights.
If you’re a lover of Halloween (and who isn’t?), then this may be the perfect time to schedule a Halloween Vacation. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the ultimate event for families with small children who want to squeeze all of the fun from the season as is humanly possible.
ETourandTravel offers many affordable Vacation Packages, including one tailored for a Halloween parks visit. You can learn more about our offers here.